For unemployment benefits in Pennsylvania, you basically need to do the following:
- File an initial claim online, by telephone, or via paper form.
- Register for employment-search services at JobGateway.
- Perform and document three qualified work search activities each week.
- File a "biweekly claim" to certify every two weeks that you should continue receiving benefits.
- Weekly records should include a list of your work search activities, including:
- For applications or interviews:
- Date of contact
- Employer name
- Person contacted
- Contact information
- The results
- For other work search activities:
- Type of activity
- Contact name
- Contact's phone or email
- You must retain these records for two years weeks and have them available upon request.
Disclaimer: This is our best attempt at summarizing the rules in Pennsylvania. For the official details, see the Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry.