For unemployment benefits in Oklahoma, you basically need to do the following:
- Register with the unemployment agency
- Look for work each week and complete a minimum of two job contacts per week
- Accurately document your work search and be prepared to submit accurate logs to the Oklahoma Employment Security Commission
- Register for work at the Oklahoma Workforce Portal
Weekly records should include a list of your work search activities, including:
- Date of application
- Company name and address
- Person contacted
- Telephone number of the employer
- Type of work applied for
- Method of contact and results of contact
Oklahoma requires that you certify your claims weekly online at https://unemployment.state.ok.us/
or by phone. It is required that you keep all employment search documents so that they can be provided if requested by Oklahoma.
Disclaimer: This is our best attempt at summarizing the rules in Oklahoma. For the official details, see Oklahoma Employment Security Commission.