For unemployment benefits in New Mexico, you basically need to do the following:
- Register with the unemployment agency
- Look for work each week and be willing to accept suitable job offers
- Accurately document your work search and be willing to provide complete and accurate records when requested by the New Mexico Department of Workforce Solutions
- Register for work with New Mexico Workforce Connection
Weekly records should include a list of your work search activities, including:
- Date of application
- Company name and address
- Person contacted
- Telephone number, fax number, and/or e-mail address of the employer
- Type of work applied for
- Method of contact and results of contact
If you certify by web or phone, you must maintain records at home.
Disclaimer: This is our best attempt at summarizing the rules in New Mexico. For the official details, see New Mexico Department of Workforce Solutions.