For unemployment benefits in Nevada, you basically need to do the following:
- Register with the unemployment agency
- Look for work each week and be willing to accept suitable job offers
- Document your work search and be willing to produce your work search record during an Eligibility Record Interview and when otherwise requested
- Register for work with Nevada Job Connect
Weekly records should include a list of your work search activities, including:
- Date of application
- Company name and address
- Person contacted
- Telephone number, fax number, and/or e-mail address of the employer
- Type of work applied for
- Method of contact and results of contact
If you certify by web or phone, you must maintain records at home.
Disclaimer: This is our best attempt at summarizing the rules in Nevada. For the official details, see Nevada Department of Employment, Training, and Rehabilitation.