For unemployment benefits in Nebraska, you basically need to do the following:
- Register with the unemployment agency
- Look for work and record at least two work search contacts per week
- Document your work search and report them to http://dol.nebraska.gov before submitting your weekly claim for benefits
- Register for work with NE Works
Weekly records should include a list of your work search activities, including:
- Date of application
- Company name and address
- Person contacted
- Telephone number, fax number, and/or e-mail address of the employer
- Method of Contact
- Position that you applied for
Applicants are required to submit their work search log online each week prior to submitting their weekly claim for benefits. They can submit work search contacts on the day that contact was made, or wait until they file for their weekly benefit claim.
Disclaimer: This is our best attempt at summarizing the rules in Nebraska. For the official details, see Nebraska Department of Labor.