For unemployment benefits in Missouri, you basically need to do the following:
- Register with the unemployment agency
- Look for work and be available for suitable work each week you receive unemployment benefits
- Document your work search and submit an accurate record each week
- Report to a Missouri Career Center at least once when requested
- Register at a http://jobs.mo.gov/
Weekly records should include a list of your work search activities, including:
- Date of application
- Company name and address
- Person contacted
- Telephone number, fax number, and/or e-mail address of the employer
- Type of work applied for
- Explanation of results
If you certify by web, phone, or mail you must maintain records at home.
Disclaimer: This is our best attempt at summarizing the rules in Missouri. For the official details, see MO.gov.