For unemployment benefits in Florida, you basically need to do the following:
- Register with CONNECT.
- Complete an initial online skills review
- Register at Employ Florida Marketplace
- Document and report contact with at least five prospective employers each week
- Certify every two weeks that you are looking for a new job
- Weekly records should include a list of your work search activities, including:
- Date of contact with employer
- Method of contact
- Employer name and address
- Explanation of results
- You will be asked to provide your work search contact information via the Internet.
Disclaimer: This is our best attempt at summarizing the rules in Florida. For the official details, see the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity.